Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week One Reflection

   I can say that this was one crazy long week.  I was very nervous about all the components of this course at the beginning, but as the first week comes to a close I am happy to say that this is all making more sense to me.  Although I did not get a chance to participate in the twitter hour, it was fascinating to read through the chat.  This is still one component I am uneasy about, but I know as I use it the easier it will become. 
    I am excited for the component of the serious games, as I explored them the more interested I became.  As I read and responded to different classmates blogs I began to wonder how people use them in their own class.  How do people in our class already use them in their own class, if they already do. Learning needs to be fun for students and that there are ways to introduce our students to new information in ways that don't involve a text book.  I think one thing that I took away from everyone blogs is that we may not all use serious games, or advanced technology, but we all very interested in them and incorporating them into or classrooms or with our children. These games gives students a chance to be immersed in situations they may never get a chance to understand or learn about.  I really like what Gary has said about these games," I believe that very few students will ever really change the world, but they will be making a difference in their "own little world" of the people they are in contact with from day to day." We can all hope that students take away something from  these games and that they will take the knowledge they gain to better themselves and others around them. I look forward to the weeks ahead and working collaboratively to create a serious game.

No comments:

Post a Comment