Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week 2 Reflection

       I have to admit with being sick, traveling, and attending the RTI conference I have not had much time to post and respond to others blogs. I did get a chance to read and explore others posts about the components of serious games.  After reading everybody's thoughts about serious games components there are many similarities, but there are different components that are listed that I not have considered before reading others.  We think we have a good idea of what we want from a game and then the thoughts of others may direct us in a different direction.  Like the actual components of the game coming up with the components is a collaborative efforts.  It is always good to see feedback on the components that I have created.  Working together can create a much more productive serious game that will produce the most results. 
      It's interesting to look at the components of others. Things that seem to be common sense are things I never thought of.  Leslie had an excellent component of having a way to assess the students learning.  Of course this is something that should be part of the game, if we have a goal it seems connected to assessing them and if they met that goal.  I really enjoyed the components Keri created.  One that stuck out for me was having a game that meets students personal learning styles.  I think this a brilliant idea, it is important to think about the level of all of our students. What could be challenging for one student may be overwhelming to another and cause them to shut down.  I look forward to seeing the narrowing down of the components of a serious game as a group.


No comments:

Post a Comment