Monday, March 17, 2014

Week 9 Reflection

This whole semester has provided me with an opportunity to examine how technology was used in the classroom.  Before this class I thought I was pretty tech savvy and incorporated it a lot into my classroom, but this class has showed me other was to use technology in the classroom. Technology use in my classroom is teaching the same way just through a different medium. In on a

This week made me question the style of teaching I have been using with my student because it is "easy" for all of us.  Students are use to learning in a certain way and it may not always be okay to question things culturally so frustration happens easily when they are asked to explain or explore.  In one article I read the author states that students need to have an emotional connections to the learning they are doing and the traditional way of teaching does not always allow for this. I know this is not the most effective way to but how to do you move students to being "okay" with exploring their own learning because right now they need the right answer.  I continue to try new things in the classroom with my students and slowly they are coming around to trying these new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment