Saturday, March 29, 2014

Week Ten: Game Progress

The hard part about this is I am not a big gamer, I don't play a lot of video games so I don't have a good understanding of components of games.  I think the hard time I am having with this product is that I'm not sure what our objective of the game is.  Our project is very broad and I know I could provide better assistance if the game has an end goal. I feel like because of this I have not been as productive as I would like to be.  It hard for me to put my input in without some sort of end goal.  So I guess in a sense I like to work backwards in the process.  I look forward to seeing the direction the game goes and the final product.  Having said this, it has been fun and got the creative juices flowing trying to create a game.  As we work on the process of creating the game I can begin to visualize the game being played by students.  I think as a group we have come up with a great base for a game.  Our group has really taken into count what students would like, giving them plenty of opportunities to go down the specific path they would like. The base that is been put forth is an excellent start to the game. The game in a sense is kept positive where students don't die and they have simple tasks to do if they are injured in the game.  One way I think we challenge students was having two different game plays where students can work to defeat the capital or help people break free from the capital.  The game is beginning to take shape and I looked forward to presenting the finished product. 


No comments:

Post a Comment